Sunday, December 21, 2014

Snapshot Questions | Profil | November, 2005

How would you describe your personality?

I was designed to be an ‘in-between’ person, my zodiac is Aquarius-Capricorn, my shio is Dragon-Rabbit, so my personality is created by the tension between the two polars, and my struggle in life is to maintain the balance between two different (sometimes opposite) groups of characteristics. Really, there’s no easier way to explain it.

What quality do you most like about yourself?

I guess it’s my humor side. At the end of the day, I’ve always managed to laugh at things, even on what should be very, very shitty. I just love to laugh so much. It’s an elemental privilege of being a human.

What quality do you most dislike about yourself?

My forgetfulness and my weak ability to say ‘no’.

What qualities do you admire in others?

Which others? People in general? Or you mean a quality that I wish I had? I must say, I envy those who can say ‘no’ easily. And those who manage to travel around the globe just for the sake of it. 

What do you consider would be your greatest achievement?

To be enlightened.

What do you consider would be your greatest failure?

To forget who I truly am, and forget who others truly are. To forget that we are one and inseparable.

When and where were you happiest?

When I’m among those who can make me laugh. Doesn’t matter where.

When and where were you unhappiest?

When I see so many violence in the name of stupidity and fear. Doesn’t matter where.

How good are you at managing your money?

Quite good. I always managed to safe up money ever since I was financially independent.

What was your greatest extravagance?

To be able to make my hobbies as my professions. On this matter, I must say I’m truly blessed.  

Apart from Indonesia, where would you like to live?

Can’t really tell. I don’t think I’ve seen the world enough to make a judgement. But they say Vancouver is one of the nicest and safest places to live, San Fransisco also might be interesting.

Where would you not like to live?

Errr. Can’t really tell either. But I wouldn’t go to any war spot in the world for sure.

What is the best thing that ever happened to you?

Having a baby, for sure. Never felt so much in love. It’s a totally incomparable experience.

What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?

To lose a friend.

What makes you laugh?

Jokes, sitcoms, movies, funny faces, witty conversations, Kariage Kun, 2 glasses of beer, my husband, my baby, my friends, my quirky family… so many  other things I couldn’t possibly mention. In short, it’s easy to make me laugh.

What makes you cry?

Songs, movies – esp scenes where the animals get killed, heart breaks, break-ups, Japanese drama comics e.g. Candy-Candy book 7, too much laugh, beauty of nature… and so many other things I couldn’t possible mention. But in short, it’s still easier to make me laugh than cry.

What is the most courageous thing you ever did?

I’m so afraid of cokcroach. But once, I succesfully hit it with a sandal. That was a milestone in my personal history. And I’ve never repeated it up to this day.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

When I was 7 years old, I was in this running competition wearing a pair of loafer. The shoes slipped right off my feet just when I was about to jump start. The whole school laughed. I hated the sport class ever since, up until high school. I never attended any.

Who are your heroes?

I’m not a hero type of person. Not so much into idol as well. But I do admire Sarah McLachlan, and she’s my barometer in music. I also admire Stephen King who’s able to write so many books while I nearly strangled myself to finish 6 books of Supernova series. I also admire Diane Warren who managed to write thousands of songs while I consider myself lucky to be able to write two songs in one whole year. 

Which famous person would you most like to meet?

Roland Orzabal – from Tears for Fears. I actually bumped into him in Friendster. But I doubt it was the real person. 

What is your favourite book?

Too many to mention. But as far as I recall, Neale Donald Walsch -- Conversation of God Book 2 has the greatest impact in my life.

What is your favourite record?

Tears for Fears “Tears Roll Down”. Sarah McLachlan “Surfacing”.

What is your favourite movie?

The Matrix.

What is your favourite food?

Indonesian and Thai food.

Who has been the biggest influence on your life?

I used to be clueless when I was asked about who had influenced me the most. Like I said, I’m a community type of person, not hero or idol base. But after years of contemplating, I have to say it’s my family, my siblings. They are the one who mold and shape me to be who I am today. They are the quirkiest and coolest family one can ever have. I am so lucky. 

What is your main career ambition?

To have a global audience, either for my music or for my books.

What is your main personal ambition?

To lead a fulfilling, peaceful, and healthy life.